[asterisk-users] Long call setup times on SIP to zaptel calls

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Feb 28 12:36:54 MST 2007

When we do SIP <-> SIP with asterisk 1.2, we do NOT experience this.
Polycom 501s, the instant you hit Send on the phone or the digit map
times out, the target phone rings AND you hear ringback.  it's instant,
so I would guess this would be configuration on your end. back to the
digit map timeout maybe?

 > Watching the CLI it does look like it takes a long time for the
 > channel to pick up an dial.
I'm a little confused about your 'pick up and dial' phrase because,
well, we're talking about SIP here and not Zap :)