[asterisk-users] Connect PBX CO Port to TDM FXS Port

Daniel Kocher housi1ster at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:44:44 MST 2007

>> Daniel Kocher wrote:
>> I would like to connect a Legacy PBX (Avaya IP Office 406) to an
>> Asterisk Server.
>>
>> The Avaya has 3 CO Ports available. I thought buying a TDM30B card
>> with 3 FXS ports to connect the * to the Avaya CO Ports.
>>
>> Is this the right approach? Does any one have experience with such a
>> configuration?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for all recommandations and suggestions....
>>
>> Daniel Kocher
>
>  It kind of depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What do you want
>  to be able to do with this connection?
>

>   -Dave

I would like to use the * as VoIP Gateway.

Something like that:
A user takes off a phone on a Avaya extension and dials for example 8
to reach the CO Port. Then Asterisk answers and sends a dial tone. The
user dails a numer and Asterisk is doing the rest! (Sending the call
to an SIP or IAX Provider)