[asterisk-users] Long call setup times on SIP to zaptel calls

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:56:40 MST 2007

On 2/15/07, Jordan Novak <jnovak at logisticshealth.com> wrote:

> I have had a lot of complaints about the time it takes to setup a call. I
> have timed it and it is almost five seconds before it even starts ringing.
> The SIP device sends the request almost instantly but the channel is taking
> a long time to pickup and dial. It wouldn't be so bad but they hear nothing.
> I would like to provide ringback before the zaptel actually starts ringing
> the channel. Has anybody done this, it seems like it would be a zaptel
> option.
>
> Jordan Novak

I'm not sure if it's related, but we are doing only SIP to SIP calling
with Asterisk 1.4 and experience the same thing. The signaling shows
up instantly, but it takes 5-7 seconds before ringback is heard.
Watching the CLI it does look like it takes a long time for the
channel to pick up an dial.

regards,
David