[asterisk-users] running asterisk through cellphone

Michael Kamleitner michael.kamleitner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 12:21:00 MST 2007

hi dovid,

thx for replying, as I can see the chan_cellphone patch was done by you,
great! looks like this is exactly what I want. my goal is to connect a
normal consumer cellphone to the asterisk-server, allowing anyone else to
phone-in from their regular phone.

it would be even better if I could use this setup to emulate extension - so
lets assume my cellphone-number is 004369912345678, than I would like to
have 3 separate extensions at 004369912345678-01, 004369912345678-02 and
004369912345678-03. is this possible?

as I'm going to buy a separate phone for this task, can anyone recommend
certain models (besides the RIM blackberry mentioned in the docs)?

greetings,
michael

On 2/27/07, Dovid B <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:

>  What is the cellular connection for ? Are you using this for inbound or
> the clients will call in in from thier cell phones ? If you need incoming
> (and or ourgoing) lines you can get one from an ITSP. If you want to use
> your cell phone you can use chan_cellphone. In order to use it you will need
> to install the patch. For more information have at look at this:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8919

10 Jahre The Gap
Party am 15.3.2007 - www.tengap.at