[asterisk-users] Re: Best FXO Gateway

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Tue Feb 20 23:04:08 MST 2007

On 2007-02-14 22:12:23 -0800, "jameson asterisk" <mp3man.ast at gmail.com> said:

> I'm currently looking to deploy an Asterisk server using an FXO media
> gateway to connect to the PSTN and was looking for any user experiences that
> may aid in selecting a gateway. Specifically i'm looking for a 4-port model
> under 500 dollars.
> Within this category exists:
> MediaTrix 1204
> Grandstream GXW-4104
> AudioCodes MP114
>
> I've read over Voip-info.org regarding these products and numerous mentions
> of problematic setup and configuration seems to be a common theme.
>
> Can anyone provide a recommendation based on user experience?
> Feel free to suggest an alternative gateway if one stands out.

I am using the Audiocodes 114 and it's very reliable and passes good
quality audio for all of my users.

I would stay away from Grandstream, unless you want grey hair.

There are MANY configuration options on the Audiocodes unit, which I
see as a positive, but it might also increase the initial setup and
learning curve.

Marty