[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support DNIS?

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 15:57:17 MST 2007

>From: "David Ruggles" <david at safedatausa.com>
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:02:38 -0500
>
>The subject pretty much says it all.
>
>Does Asterisk support DNIS, and if so, what kind of connection is required?
>(T1, PRI)
>I've got a wink start T1.
>
>I've read comments that say the DNIS will be seen as an extension, but I'm
>seeing each digit of the DNIS as a separate extension. So in my case I send
>DNIS of 12345, Asterisk will jump from extension 1 to extension 2 to
>extension 3 to extension 4 to extension 5. Only executing the first one or
>two lines in each. This is a PITA! And make absolutely no sense to me.

Matt already replied to your other posting of similar content.  I'm also a
bit confused.  Do you mean you have observed that Asterisk is brought into
the intended context, but start to react to digits in DNIS one after
another?  If so, can you estimate the interval Asterisk stays in each
extension?

If this is true, it seems to suggest that your provider is sending DNIS as a
DTMF string after Asterisk has answered the call.  Isn't this a bit weird?
What does the card's manual say about DNIS (with wink start)?

Yuan Liu