[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support DNIS?

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Fri Feb 16 15:02:38 MST 2007

The subject pretty much says it all.

Does Asterisk support DNIS, and if so, what kind of connection is required?
(T1, PRI)
I've got a wink start T1.

I've read comments that say the DNIS will be seen as an extension, but I'm
seeing each digit of the DNIS as a separate extension. So in my case I send
DNIS of 12345, Asterisk will jump from extension 1 to extension 2 to
extension 3 to extension 4 to extension 5. Only executing the first one or
two lines in each. This is a PITA! And make absolutely no sense to me.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.