[asterisk-users] Asterisk callerID

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:57:54 MST 2007

>From: "voip crazy" <voipcrazy at gmail.com>
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:28:26 +0100
>
>Hello all,
>
>Recently I just instaled asterisk-1.2.14,  zaptel-1.2.12, libpri-1.2.4 and
>Freepbx v.2.2.0.
>My zapata.conf look like this, (Pasted bellow)
>The problem is that the asterisk never send the callerID to the phones. I
>just take a look to the cdr database an there is no callerid too.
>I do not know why the calledID is not receibed. All this FXO ports are
>conected to a mobile lines and if I make a call directly using one of this
>line, the callerID is sending correctly. With the same zapata config file
>and the Freepbx 2.1.3, the callerId was sending correctly.

This is a little confusing.  To which phones callerID is not delivered?
Phones out on the PSTN/mobile via FXO?  I don't believe that Asterisk (or
any device for that matter) can "deliver" callerID via an FXO, which by
definition is an alalogue interface.  A callerID is associated with the FXS
in the central office that connects to your FXO at the switch side.

On the other hand, Asterisk should deliver callerID to most (if not all)
digital circuits, be them VoIP or PSTN.

Yuan Liu