[asterisk-users] Re: Asterisk callerID

Allen Casteran allen at nisinc.com
Fri Feb 16 13:19:44 MST 2007

voip crazy wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Recently I just instaled asterisk-1.2.14,  zaptel-1.2.12, libpri-1.2.4
> and Freepbx v.2.2.0.
> My zapata.conf look like this, (Pasted bellow)
> The problem is that the asterisk never send the callerID to the phones.
> I just take a look to the cdr database an there is no callerid too.
> I do not know why the calledID is not receibed. All this FXO ports are
> conected to a mobile lines and if I make a call directly using one of
> this line, the callerID is sending correctly. With the same zapata
> config file and the Freepbx 2.1.3, the callerId was sending correctly.
>
> Any clue will be welcome

Again, your description is not clear.
If your problem is that calls coming in to asterisk are not displaying
caller ID on your phones, then you need to make sure that your CO lines
are configured by the carrier to deliver caller ID. As a test connect a
basic analog phone that has caller ID capability and call the line. If
your simple phone displays the CallerID that you are calling from your
line supports it and Asterisk should pick it up.

If you do not see the caller ID on the analog phone when directly
connected to the CO line, then call your carrier and ask them to provide
Caller ID on your lines. I had this exact situation this morning, so yes
it happens.

If your problem is calling OUT from asterisk and your caller ID not
getting displayed on the phone you are calling, that is also a function
of the carrier and something you have NO control over. You should see
something on the far end even if its "Private" "unavailable" or
"blocked". Call your carriers and ask them to check their set up for
your phone lines.

Allen.