[asterisk-users] Queues do not accept calls if all agent are busy?

Angel Heart cocent at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 17:26:21 MST 2007

Hi Ex vito,

Thank you for your response below is my current config. I defined it into my queues_addintional.conf where the definitions of  queues defined. Do I need to defined it in the general portion of queues.conf? But anyway, there's no harm for trying.

I am using Asterisk 1.2.13 svn rev 47264 with AudioCodes FXO/FXS Gateway.

queues.conf
[general]
;
; Global settings for call queues
;   (none exist currently)
;
; Note that a timeout to fail out of a queue may be passed as part of application call
; from extensions.conf:
; Queue(queuename|[options]|[optionalurl]|[announceoverride]|[timeout])
; example: Queue(dave|t|||45)

[default]
;
; Default settings for queues (currently unused)
;

#include queues_custom.conf
#include queues_additional.conf

queues_additional.conf
[7001]
wrapuptime=5
timeout=20
strategy=leastrecent
retry=5
queue-youarenext=
queue-thereare=
queue-thankyou=custom/client-in-queue
queue-callswaiting=
music=default
monitor-join=yes
monitor-format=
maxlen=0
leavewhenempty=no
joinempty=Yes
context=ivr-6
announce-holdtime=yes
announce-frequency=30

Kindest regards.

Angel

Ex Vitorino <ex.vitorino at gmail.com> wrote: On 2/15/07, Angel Heart  wrote:

> cud any one help me figuring out the problem... When the agent in a queue is
> engaged, it cannot accept anymore calls, below is the script;

Angel,

Check your queues.conf, specifically the "joinempty" parameter.
See below the relevant part in the queues.conf sample file:

; This setting controls whether callers can join a queue with no members. There
; are three choices:
;
; yes    - callers can join a queue with no members or only unavailable members
; no     - callers cannot join a queue with no members
; strict - callers cannot join a queue with no members or only unavailable
;          members
;
; joinempty = yes

Cheers,