[asterisk-users] Problem Transferring Direct to Voicemail

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Wed Feb 14 07:28:30 MST 2007

I am having an issue with 1.4 where we can't successfully transfer a
call directly to a voicemail box. We hit "Transfer" on the phone and
dial the mailbox number we want to send it to,

My dial plan for this is:

exten=>_*40XX,n,Voicemail(${EXTEN:1},u)

The voicemail system picks up and starts to play its message and at this
point. We should then hit "Transfer" again at this point the person
doing the transfer should drop off the call. However we just continue to
hear the voicemail message and the caller continues to sit on hold.

On the Asterisk CLI I see the following:

[Feb  9 11:52:03] WARNING[5054]: chan_sip.c:12310 handle_response:
Notify answer on an owned channel?

Can anyone tell me what this means or how to fix it?

Please help.

Thanks

Kevin Savoy

Business Unit Telecom Analyst