[asterisk-users] Recording and MWI

Michael Winstead michaeljwinstead at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:02:23 MST 2007

Greetings List,
     I am a newbie and first time mailer so bear with me. I have 2
questions.

1. recording: I have an Meridian Option 11 hooked to my Asterisk box via a
PRI with QSIG signalling. I have set up an access code of "8" in the option
11 to access the PRi to the Asterisk Box. Is there a way to set up the
record application so that a user could dial "8" and then the number based
on the caller id of the user? That is to say if I wanted ext 4711 to be
recorded each time it dialed through the asterisk box no matter what number
was dialed, how would I set that up?

2. MWI: Has anyone had any experience, or is it possible to send a Message
Waiting Indication to an Option 11 over the "D" channel on the PRI?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Michael