[asterisk-users] Re: Auto Answer (Paging)

Justin Newman nt_jnewman at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 17:56:17 MST 2007

What kind of phones? Polycom? You could also use one of the sip-based speakers or intercom units...

------------------------------

From: Rob Schall <rschall at callone.net>
Subject: [asterisk-users] Auto Answer (Paging)

I'm trying to duplicate a behavior we had with our old avaya system, and
I've come across Auto Answer (Ring Answer). However, its not quite the
same yet.

Right now, when I dial **5053, it will add the SIP header for Ring
Answer and it will call 5053. The phone auto pickups just fine. However,
we need that call to be muted. If you were to call into a meeting, we
wouldn't want them to hear that meeting, but instead the people in the
meeting could hear the "hello....hello", and then that's it.

Is it possible to have a auto-muted auto-pickup call?

Rob