[asterisk-users] New voicemail app (supports many interfaces, including Audix)

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Sat Dec 29 18:56:37 CST 2007

Steve,

Lol firstly I dont remember the exact wording I used but I'm fairly sure it was a request for people to post to the list with their features....(though I am accessing this email remotely so cant access my archives and it's not coming up in google) having said that I have often put my money where my mouth is and offered to invest in feature development before so cant be sure.

Secondly - I've already posted the voicemail concept idea to the asterisk email list that i had for a better voicemail to email interface before about a year ago  basically it's delivering a 'player' in a html format so you can play the voicemail in outlook/gmail etc - oh and way before Apple iphone came up with the idea of visual voicemail.

(edit: I went back and found a link - Nov 9th 2006....guess no one thought it was a good idea back then or had the desire/funds to pay for it to be built http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2006-November/171995.html guess thats the problem with open source development.....maybe you want to build this for freee Steve....?)

All I was suggesting was that if Justin's new application was being offered on a commercial basis (it's not - it's GPL) that i would be happy to spend time scoping out the application in return for consulting fees/equity the same way I have helped a number of commercial and non commercial application developers in the Asterisk community.

As open source is all about choice....feel free to choose not to reply to any other idea discussions I may post on the list..... us 'sharks' dont care.

If anyone bothered downloading the mp3 of fridays conference call you would hear pretty much most of what I want to say about the balance between commercial and non-commercial input into the asterisk community and it's future development.

Cheers,
Dean