[asterisk-users] X100P Woes

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Dec 26 09:47:28 CST 2007

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 08:38:31AM -0600, Bob Smither wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 07:27 +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > Just to stress the point: you mention that you don't see the card on
> > lspci. If this is so: the problem is not with Zaptel - it is below.
> > Zaptel doesn't even get a chance.
>
> Thanks Tzafrir.  The last thing I tried was to downgrade Zaptel and
> during the boot, Zaptel reported success(*).

What version of Zaptel reported success? Which version has failed?

> Using lspci -v does show the card - however, a cat /proc/interrupts does
> not show any interrupt assigned to it and if I run ztcfg the machine
> hangs.
>
> * - Another difference may be that I powered the machine off before
> booting rather than simply restarting (which I had done before).  I
> suspect that was actually the significant difference between attempts.
> It was late so I stopped - will further investigate this today.

Testing should be easy: stop asterisk. remove all relevant modules
('/etc/init.d/zaptel stop' in recent versions is effective). And then
from the build directory:

  insmod ./zaptel.ko
  insmod ./wcfxo.ko
  cat /proc/zaptel/1

If it passes, that version is clearly good and maybe something is
strange with the setup.

If the problem is indeed not related to anything else, I'd interested to
get from you the exact revision where this has stopped working.

Method:

Initial setup:

  svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4 zaptel-svn
  cd zaptel-svn
  ./configure
  # optionally: 'make menuconfig' and disable all modules except zaptel
  # and wcfxo

To check out specific revision NNNN:

  svn update -rNNNN

Test for each version:

  make modules
  rmmod wcfxo zaptel
  insmod ./zaptel.ko && insmod ./wcfxo.ko && cat /proc/zaptel/1 && echo "OK"

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com