[asterisk-users] cdr_adaptive_odbc and custom rdms fields

Steve Finkelstein sf at stevefink.net
Tue Dec 25 12:50:06 CST 2007

Hi folks,

I was recently made aware that the only way to currently set custom fields
in a relational database for CDR is via the experimental cdr_adaptive_odbc
drivers found here:
http://svncommunity.digium.com/view/tilghman/branches/1.4/cdr_adaptive_odbc.c?view=log

I had no problem compiling the driver, and copied the module to
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules on my box and setup
/etc/asterisk/cdr_adaptive_odbc.conf with the following:

[first]
connection=Asterisk-MySQL
table=cdr

My question is

a) How do I get asterisk to switch to the new module?

CDR logging: enabled
CDR mode: simple
CDR output unanswered calls: no
CDR registered backend: ODBC
CDR registered backend: csv
CDR registered backend: cdr-custom
CDR registered backend: cdr_manager

Looks like I'm still using the older stuff.

Ultimately my goal is to set a custom field in my CDR table that I will
populate with variables in my dialplan using the Set() application with
something such as:

;  Set(CDR(dst_ext)=${DST_EXT})

Thanks again for your help.

- sf