[asterisk-users] Asterisk on IBM Netvista 2800 8364-EXX?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Sat Dec 22 19:29:13 CST 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 20:40:08 -0600, "Michael Graves"
<mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
>One of the major advantages of using voip is that call termination and
> DIDs are wholly separate matters.  You can send outbound calls to
> various ITSPs based on least cost routing, leaving your POTS lines free
>  to take incomming calls. The flexibility truly is worth the small extra cost.

If I find a solid DSL connection + ITSP, and I need the independence
of moving the server around, I might well port our number to an ITSP.
That still leaves the issue of the lack of quality of voice
connections over the Net.  In the mean time, a regular POTS line is
much more reliable.

BTW, I finally got the IBM Netvista to boot :-) While the CF cards are
on their way, I'd like to find an Asterisk distro that can run on a
diskless station, so I can check whether the OpenVox TDM card works
OK, and that voice quality is OK on such small hardware. I'll create a
new thread on this.

Still using your embedded Asterisk?
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/index2.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24210&pop=1&page=0&Itemid=72