[asterisk-users] best way for night ringer??

BerkHolz, Steven StevenBerkHolz at hirotecamerica.com
Fri Dec 21 13:28:58 CST 2007

Asterisk 1.2.13

I am trying to figure out the best way for a night bell at work.
Note: I have no spare buttons available on the phones. But I do have two lines and two park positions as buttons.

Option 1 (easiest and the one I just implemented)
        When asterisk is in night mode,
        Connect to IVR,
        List all options and then if they dial 0 or timeout, ring every phone in the building.

Option 2 (This would require user training)
        When asterisk is in night mode,
        List all options and then if they dial 0 or timeout, ring an analog ringer and have a pickup code to grab the line.
        I am not sure that I can even do directed pickup on asterisk 1.2.13

Option 3 (I believe this is best, but am not sure where to start)
        When asterisk is in night mode,
        List all options and then if they dial 0 or timeout, park the call, then overhead page a record stating that there
                is a call that needs to be picked up on line 5401.
        They already have a button (with BLF) for 5401.

How are others handling night calls when there is no receptionist available.

Thank You,
Steven BerkHolz

Board member of
Connectech Greater Detroit
www.connectech.org

Please visit us on the web at www.hirotecamerica.com
HIROTEC AMERICA  Ph. 248-836-5100 Fx. 248-836-5101

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material and/or material protected by law.  Any  retransmission or use of this information may be a violation of that law.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.