[asterisk-users] Polycom 330 beep on new VM

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Dec 21 18:07:04 CST 2007

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Steve Johnson wrote:
>
>> This is pretty easy to suppress using the configuration files.  Check:
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Polycom+SoundPoint+IP+MWI+audio
>>

> Looks easy once you have the config file provisioning in place, but it
> looks overkill and a lot of work to set this up for the only polycom
> phone I have (home).
>
> Regards,
>
> Ugo

That may very well be, but I can't find any control over that in the
phone's web interface.  I had to get dirty with the xml files, but it
wasn't bad at all.  Aside from the CONTENT of the files, I only needed
to create a user on my linux box and make sure there was an ftp daemon
installed at bare minimum.  the ftp server address can then be input
into the phone along with the username and password.

Then, for the content, I found some excellent samples on the web that
needed next to no configuration to be useful to me.   Come to think of
it, I am pretty sure I started with the ones at
http://www.krisk.org/asterisk/pcom/

Mojo