[asterisk-users] [VOIP-Users-Conference] Re: Digium: as of this a.m., one million Asterisk downloads this year

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Thu Dec 20 08:04:18 CST 2007

lol - yep when news of this first broke I thought thats actually a very
good idea to have implemented, though it sounds the way Trixbox
implemented it may have been unsecure.

Maybe someone else can come up with a better way of implementing this.

If the data was all randomised there's no harm in doing this;

some basic infomration like;
Hours of uptime
Reboots
Number of extensions
Number of calls
Number of minutes

Make it totally voluntary and this would be a good thing to Digium for
them to be able to be more aware of whats happening out there...apart
from users downloaded the application 20 kazillion times this year.

Cheers,
Dean