[asterisk-users] Cisco 7961 new firmware stops reading configuration files

Chad Osmond cosmond at messagelabs.com
Thu Dec 20 09:32:43 CST 2007

Hello,

I have been running SIP41.8-2-2SR4S firmware on the Cisco 7961 and have
recently upgraded to SIP41.8-3-2SR1S to add the DND button on the front
of the phone and also to hopefully resolve some issues with the phones
not registering after a long period.

Once we upgraded the phones now display "Error Verifying Config Info" in
the Status messages and will not process the configuration file.

To make a change on the phone I have to downgrade to 8.2.2R4 and change
the configuration, and then upgrade to 8.3.2R1, which is a bit of a
pain.

The tftp logs indicate that the phones is getting the correct
SEP<MAC>.xml.cnf file but will not parse it, so that doesn't seem to be
the issue.

The Wiki pages for 79x1 indicate that it's a known issue, has anyone
managed to get past the issue?
I tried logging a call with Cisco TAC, but they're giving the "We don't
support SIP on anything other then CME..."

Thanks,

Chad