[asterisk-users] Asterisk.NET API --help required

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu Dec 20 07:17:36 CST 2007

srinivas Antarvedi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Here is the requirement from my side
> to  use Asterisk.NET API  to  generate
> an automated call  (outgoing)  from asterisk
> and then link to one of the extensions which
> plays a sound file for the callee.
>
> For this i have worked out in the follwing way
>
> 1)modified manager.conf to facilitate this API to talk to asterisk
> 2)used the command Originate to call a Registered user under
>    asterisk and when the user answers the phone it plays whatever
>    i put against the extension..
>
> But my exact requirement is like this
>
> 1)Call to the user
> 2)if answers connect him to the extension provided in the extensions.conf
> 3)if the user didnt lift the phone within the deault timeout period(30 sec)
> 4)if the user cancels the phone (Congestion case)
> 5)if the user not registerd to the(unreachable case)
>
> to trace the cases of 3, 4, 5 how should i follow the API
> I got confused with originate action,orginate sucess event , originate
> failure event

http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/dpdownload.aspx

Download the Manager API Testing Utility.  I wrote to help me with a software
program that I was writing that used the Manager API heavily.  Allows you to
view the AMI activity, send commands, etc outside of your dev environment.
Helped me a lot and its fee to use.

You can also get it on:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+GUI

Wish I had more time to do Asterisk related development, its a lot of fun...

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"If I don't see you around here, I'll see you around, hear?"