[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Mon Dec 17 11:26:57 CST 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:18:08 +0100, randulo wrote:

>On Dec 15, 2007 6:06 PM, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
>The other aspect of this question is that more and more, like
>computing in the cloud and storage in the cloud, VOIP in the cloud is
>taking over. How many people now have unlimited dialing on VOIP
>routers that have replaced phone lines for consumers, giving them
>similar flexibility?
>
>How many on this list have played with services like Grand Central or
>TringMe? What about these cell phone providers that give unlimited
>Wifi calling at anyone's home when they have the right router and
>hotspot? These and many other services are around the corner. Having
>hardware at home may become a thing of the past for the basic
>consumer. I love having asterisk in the office and playing with the
>dialplan, but for those who have no desire to play with technology, I
>see no future at all in hardware, other than better phones.

That is a significant insight.

Better phones...this is a very nice idea. I wonder if anyone has
seriously considered the possibilities. The hardware world, at least
with respect to IP phones, seems to be in a rut. Expect for G.722 I
can't think of any significant improvement in recent times.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com