[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 04:18:08 CST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 6:06 PM, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
> When an Asterisk appliance and associated phones can compete with a
> Panasonic KXTG-4000 (or similar) on terms including price, ease of use
> & reliability....that's when Asterisk for every grandma, aunt, uncle &
> counsins (who never finished high school) will be viable for the
> broader home/residential market.

The other aspect of this question is that more and more, like
computing in the cloud and storage in the cloud, VOIP in the cloud is
taking over. How many people now have unlimited dialing on VOIP
routers that have replaced phone lines for consumers, giving them
similar flexibility?

How many on this list have played with services like Grand Central or
TringMe? What about these cell phone providers that give unlimited
Wifi calling at anyone's home when they have the right router and
hotspot? These and many other services are around the corner. Having
hardware at home may become a thing of the past for the basic
consumer. I love having asterisk in the office and playing with the
dialplan, but for those who have no desire to play with technology, I
see no future at all in hardware, other than better phones.