[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Dec 17 13:49:49 CST 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007 08:42, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Johansson Olle E wrote:
> > I'm kind of interested in the slow uptake of Asterisk 1.4. Between 1.2
> > and 1.4 there's been a lot of
> > important development. New code cleanups, optimization, new functions.
>
> When Digium starts using 1.4 in ABE then I would consider using it in a
> production environment.  All I ever hear is "soon", and I have heard
> that for months if not the whole year.  Until Digium itself is
> comfortable selling and supporting this version, then neither am I.

There is exactly one feature left that is still in testing, relating to the
automatic detection of hardware in the GUI.  Other than that one issue,
ABE version C.1.0 is ready to go.  Also, note that for existing users of
Business Edition, builds of C have been available in the software portal
since August.  Version C has also been shipped in the Asterisk Appliance.

So yes, while Digium isn't selling ABE C as a standalone product yet, it is
supporting it in a commercial environment.  I hope to hear of your successful
conversion to 1.4 now.  :-)

--
Tilghman