[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Mon Dec 17 06:26:49 CST 2007

Hello

As a person who is somewhat a "newbie" to Asterisk, I have been given
the task of preparing our 1.2 installation for upgrade.  The thing that
has slowed me down is some of the gaps in information on the upgrade
process.  What's on the Wiki might make complete sense to both
experienced Linux users, and Asterisk users but as someone who is
feeling there way through - it's a bit daunting!

Considering how important a phone system is to a business, I'm loathed
to rush the upgrade through and have instead opted to install 1.4 on a
different box, and "port" our existing setup over to it.  This is a time
consuming process and has taken quite a low priority.  As Olle says -
1.2 works just fine.

Personally speaking, the upgrade process has to be even easier if people
are going to jump for it.

Phil