[asterisk-users] Upgrade to Asterisk 1.4 - it's one year's old!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Dec 17 07:30:29 CST 2007

Tony,
Thanks for the feedback!

17 dec 2007 kl. 12.40 skrev Tony Mountifield:

> - I have a lot of customisations to app_meetme, which I will need to
> port
How about sharing them so we can maintain them in the open source base?
:-)

> - Scare stories about IAX-related lockups in 1.4, due to the new
>  multi-threaded implementation. It looks like the latest versions
>  should have got this sorted, especially with the use of astobj2, but
>  I haven't had time to try it out yet.
I hope you get time soon. As always, your input is appreciated.

> - So far, 1.2 is doing everything we need, and has been rock solid.
Great!

> Another problem is, when I do move to 1.4, any customisations or new
> features I do create would still need to be ported to trunk before
> they
> would have any chance of making it into Asterisk. This takes time,
> which
> is always in short supply, and means that some cool features remain
> mine
> only :-(
Even if you haven't got the time, if you contribute them in 1.4
versions and
they're interesting enough we can publish them and ask if there are
contributors willing to port them to trunk.

Cheers,
/O