[asterisk-users] [Zaptel] Why no port to Windos?

Paul Hales pdhales at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 16 17:56:57 CST 2007

> You nailed it Randy!
>
> When an Asterisk appliance and associated phones can compete with a
> Panasonic KXTG-4000 (or similar) on terms including price, ease of use
> & reliability....that's when Asterisk for every grandma, aunt, uncle &
> counsins (who never finished high school) will be viable for the
> broader home/residential market.

Hmmm - I have to think that the two markets will stay apart for a bit
longer. Asterisk does some things well, some things not so well. And the
same could be said for the Panasonic. The fact that the phones and the
system are still very separate entities makes the break - the older
phone systems are tightly integrated with their phones.

It's back to me dealing with a purchasing manager at one of my old
workplaces, who wanted a small laptop with a big screen.

PaulH