[asterisk-users] Asterisk on IBM Netvista 2800 8364-EXX?

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Thu Dec 13 20:09:40 CST 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:42:49 -0600, "Michael Graves"
<mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
>You can keep the POTS line but remote call forward to your ITSP.

Yup, but
1) the telco that handles the POTS line charges us for the connection
between our POTS number and the ITSP, with the caller obviously paying
for calling our POTS number
2) in addition to this, I'll have to pay for the ITSP.

Financially, it makes more sense just keep a solid, direct POST line
into our office. The only reason I would move to an ITSP is if/when I
needed the freedom of moving the Asterisk server around.

In any case, this is an exciting time to learn about telephony :-)