[asterisk-users] Asterisk on IBM Netvista 2800 8364-EXX?

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Wed Dec 12 21:42:49 CST 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:46:38 +0100, Vincent wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 20:34:50 -0600, "Michael Graves"
><mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
>>Then I migrated to a Soekris Net4801 and dropped that FXOs completely.
>>I must say that for me that was a good decision. For about 6 months I
>>call forwarded my numbers to DID provided by an ITSP. I actually tried
>>several ITSPs over a period of months. When one stood out a really very
>>good I ported the numbers.
>
>I might do this, but for that, I'd have to dump the triple play ADSL
>provider and move to a more professionnal, ADSL-only provider. I just
>can't take the risk of customers not reaching us because the ADSL link
>goes south, or the ITSP isn't that reliable.
>
>At least I got the 2800 to display the configuration menu :-) I
>ordered a couple of SanDisk CF cards, and will give it a shot.

You can keep the POTS line but remote call forward to your ITSP. That
way you can get the line back to an analog phone in an emergency. By
using remote call forwarding you give yourself extra fexibility, line
being able to switch the CF setting from your cell phone.

Michael
--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com