[asterisk-users] Strange ISDN-problem with incoming calls out of the same city

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Thu Dec 13 13:12:28 CST 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Stefan Guenther wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Armin wrote:
> >Okay, but then the setting in capi.conf
> >   isdnmode=MSN
> >is wrong. For 'Anlagenanschluss' you need
> >   isdnmode=did
> >
> Okay , I changed that.
>
> >These options are no general options, these are for the port sections
> >only:
> > > immediate=yes
> >
> The example capi.conf says about this parameter:
>
> ;immediate=yes   ;DID: immediate start of pbx with extension 's' if no
> 		 ; digits were received on incoming call (no destination
> 		 ; number yet)
>                  ;MSN: start pbx on CONNECT_IND and don't wait for
> 		 ; SETUP/SENDING-COMPLETE. info like REDIRECTINGNUMBER
> 		 ; may be lost, but this is necessary for
> 		 ; drivers/pbx/telco which does not send SETUP or
> 		 ; SENDING-COMPLETE.
>
> Since I still face the problem, that asterisk doesn't get all digits of
> a telephone number, do you think that switching from MSN to DID will
> have any influence on this? Because with MSN the pbx wont' find for a
> "SEDNING-COMPLETE"? Sounds to me as if the pbx would react on incomplete
> numbers, too, which is exactly me problem!

If you have a DID line (Anlagenanschluss), you need to set isdnmode=did.
Otherwise chan-capi will not wait for additional digits.

In DID mode, chan-capi will collect all digits until a match is
found in the dialplan. If a match would be possible if further
digits are received, chan-capi will wait. If a match is not possible
any more, the call is now ignored by chan-capi (maybe another
CAPI application is interested).

> Thanks for the hint on ANSWER(). Although it might keep people from
> calling me day & night, because they would have to pay anyway, even when
> the phone is busy ;-))

If they know that they have to pay ;-)

Armin