[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk to connect 2 locations with legacy PBX

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Dec 10 08:03:15 CST 2007

Kovář Jan wrote:

> I have two location. Each in different country. Both locations have Siemens HiPath - different type and software. I can not use card that would allow me to connect those PBXs using SIP. But I have some free ISDN and analog ports in both PBXs. Is it possible to use Asterisk on each side with some ISDN or analog card to connect to each PBX and enable users to call through the "asterisk shortcut"?

Probably yes. You should be able to connect Asterisk to
the HiPath using a PRI card.

> The users would not dial +country code whole number, but for example 99 + internal number in second location to use Asterisk instead of conventional telecom line. Could this be done using Asterisk?
What should I look for in documentation?

You need to read the manual of your HiPath to find out how
to configure the routing and if it supports PRI.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998