[asterisk-users] Graceful Asterisk Shutdown

Jeng Yu jengyu2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 06:29:35 CST 2007

My Gurus!

I'm still playing with asterisk in the lab here. There
is a feature that I need in a production asterisk
system. I was wondering if it already exists in
asterisk.

When we want to shutdown a production asterisk system,
we would like the shutdown to happen after there are
no
more calls being processed. In other words, a shutdown
command that does the following:

   - block asterisk from receiving/answering all new
     connection requests

   - monitor existing call connections it is currently
     handling

   - when all calls/connections have ended, then
effect
     the shutdown and stop the asterisk process.

Is there a way to do this in asterisk now, and how?

This would be the ultimate graceful shutdown; perfect
for routine system maintenance tasks on production
servers handling continuous traffic.

Thanks,

Jeng