[asterisk-users] dtmf detection not working on sip trunks using asterisk-1.4.15

Andreas Brodmann andreas.brodmann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 04:37:41 CST 2007

Hi all,

I am using an asterisk-1.4.13 connected to our carrier via SIP trunk.
I use rfc2833 as dtmf detection method.
After upgrading to asterisk-1.4.15 our system would not detect dtmf
from a caller from PSTN anymore.

When investigating the SIP traffic at call initiation I realized that
in the SDP message asterisk is no longer offering the telephone-event/8000
capability. So the carrier does not send the rfc2833 messages anymore.

Does anyone know about this or has seen an open bug case for it (I haven't
found any myself)?

Thanks for help and feedback.

Kind Regards,
Andreas Brodmann