[asterisk-users] Problems with Polycom 300/500/600

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri Aug 31 23:28:26 CDT 2007

BJ Weschke wrote:
> On 8/31/07, Joe Acquisto <joea at j4computers.com> wrote:
>> Any great disadvantage to using polycom 300/500/600 vs the 301/501/601?
>>

>  I recall reading in the release notes of the latest release of the
> firmware (2.2+) that I believe they've finally stopped supporting the
> earlier models so it looks like you are reaching or have reached an
> EOL period on firmware with those models. Aside from that, if you're
> happy with current functionality of those phones as they stand now,
> they'll probably be fine for quite some time to come.

I believe they only dropped the 300 and possibly the 500 with the latest
firmware (per the release notes for 2.2.0).  The 600 already had the
increased memory on the phone (which was the major difference from the
300/301 and 500/501.

That being said, the 300, 500 and 600 are discontinued.  You might be
able to get them cheap, but I wouldn't use them in a new install.

Darrick
--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC