[asterisk-users] Problems with Asterisk 1.2.23 and Polycom 601

Joseph Begumisa joe at cfi.co.ug
Fri Aug 31 20:15:12 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have a polycom 601 with 3 expansion modules attached and about 40
extensions.  When someone does a "page all" from that phone, sometimes the
expansion modules reboot and sometimes the phone itself reboots.  This
happens randomly.  I suspected it to be a problem with the presence / buddy
watch feature in the directory on the phone so I turned that off for all the
extensions listed in the directory and the problem has not re-occurred.
However, this means the status of the other phones cannot be seen on the
expansion modules of the reception phone and I am interested in that.

Any pointers?  I have done a couple of searches and not come up with
anything concrete on resolving this problem.  I am running Asterisk 1.2.23.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joseph