[asterisk-users] G729 copy protection

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Thu Aug 30 18:10:05 CDT 2007

Bruce McAlister wrote:
>> Jul 19 14:11:23 WARNING[28243]: codec_g729.c:481 load_module: Failed to
>> initialize G.729 copy protection!
>>

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone from Digium please shed some light on the build
> environment for the solaris 10 g729 codec?
>
> Was it build on Solaris or OpenSolaris?
> Are there any specific versions of libraries required?
>
> I'm still having this issue, and still cannot get the codec working.
> I've had a few tips/pointer from Joe at Solaris VoIP, but now we need to
> know a little more about the build environment to see if we can actually
> get this codec working. i have tried to run the codec with asterisk
> 1.2.17, 1.2.20. 1.2.24, 1.4.4, 1.4.10, 1.4.10.1 and 1.4.11, they all
> fail with the same messages. Asteris has been built on Solaris 10 Update
> 3 patched up as of friday last week. Our focaus now is to try and get
> the codec working with asterisk 1.4.x on Solaris 10. I've also tried
> i386, i586 -> pentium4 32bit, opteron 32bit, on physical Opteron 285's
> and intel Xeon (Nacona's), all faile with the same message. The codec
> version is v32. This message comes up whether I have a valis g729
> license from Digium or not, I have tried both. In either case, I would
> assume that codec would at least load, and a "show g729" at the cli
> would work with and without a license.
>
> Has anyone been able to test this codec with asterisk?
>
> Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Bruce

Bruce,
    Please see my response to some of these questions on July 23rd.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-July/192473.html

I'm not entirely certain of what libraries we statically link in, but if you
see any problems with the output of `ldd codec_g729.so`, those will of course
need to be installed.

--
Jason Parker
Digium