[asterisk-users] G729 copy protection

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Thu Aug 30 14:23:20 CDT 2007

Bruce McAlister wrote:

> Jul 19 14:11:23 WARNING[28243]: codec_g729.c:481 load_module: Failed to
> initialize G.729 copy protection!

Hi,

Could anyone from Digium please shed some light on the build
environment for the solaris 10 g729 codec?

Was it build on Solaris or OpenSolaris?
Are there any specific versions of libraries required?

I'm still having this issue, and still cannot get the codec working.
I've had a few tips/pointer from Joe at Solaris VoIP, but now we need to
know a little more about the build environment to see if we can actually
get this codec working. i have tried to run the codec with asterisk
1.2.17, 1.2.20. 1.2.24, 1.4.4, 1.4.10, 1.4.10.1 and 1.4.11, they all
fail with the same messages. Asteris has been built on Solaris 10 Update
3 patched up as of friday last week. Our focaus now is to try and get
the codec working with asterisk 1.4.x on Solaris 10. I've also tried
i386, i586 -> pentium4 32bit, opteron 32bit, on physical Opteron 285's
and intel Xeon (Nacona's), all faile with the same message. The codec
version is v32. This message comes up whether I have a valis g729
license from Digium or not, I have tried both. In either case, I would
assume that codec would at least load, and a "show g729" at the cli
would work with and without a license.

Has anyone been able to test this codec with asterisk?

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce