[asterisk-users] where is 1.4.12?

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:48:18 CDT 2007

I guess that's my point.  I realize asterisk is open source and FREE,
however, I wouldn't expect a commercial application to crash as often
as I've seen asterisk go down.   Don't get me wrong (and we're kind of
going way off topic here), I really like asterisk, have done some bug
tracing.... but I don't posses any kind of programming know-how with
C... so fixing bugs is out of my court.

Again.. asterisk is an amazing product.  However, I guess what I'm
saying is, I've seen one too many "security upgrades" take a system
down because they induced new bugs.   Or a feature upgrade that causes
things to be broken (we're talking simple dot upgrades like 1.2.6 to
1.2.7 or something like that).

I guess my request is just that Digium maybe spend a little more time
in QA before rolling a release out the door.   It's just annoying when
you do what should be a dot upgrade, and find out  a feature that had
worked just one dot below has now stopped working, or worse yet
asterisk segfaults.    And when it's on a production system you can't
just "keep trying and get traces".