[asterisk-users] Dell SC1430 + Digium TE110P = Digital Noise in PRI

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 28 11:34:48 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 09:51:41AM -0400, Joe Acquisto wrote:

> When I voiced that concern to the Digium techs, they set up a thing
> called "screen" (I think it was) to allow me to see and or interact with
> their session.

gnu screen is a standard prorgram available in most distributions. I
usually try to install it the first thing I get to a system before
"wacking" anything. And then ask the other party to run: screen -x

You also learn then that '#' begins a comment on bash, and that 'yes' is
a dangerous thing to say in an interactive session.

This can help to see what what the other guy is doing in case you
generally trust it to have good intentions and not plant a backdoor on
your system or something...

(That is not to say that I would allow strangers get root access to my
laptop :-) )

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org