[asterisk-users] Dell SC1430 + Digium TE110P = Digital Noise in PRI

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Tue Aug 28 09:33:41 CDT 2007

Joe Acquisto wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> Marc Patino Gómez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your advice, I will order a Sangoma card and test the
>>>
> box. A
>
>>> part from this, you know any other point to recomend Sangoma cards
>>> versus Digium cards?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>

>> 5 year warranty, to name one.
>>
>> Sangoma says their cards will work in ALL modern machines.
>> If they can't make it work ( never seen that ) they will refund.
>> If you have problems, and you give them SSH, they will fix it.
>>
>> John Novack
>>

> Digium has done this, for me, as well.
>
> However, in either case, I have reservations about letting others wack
> away at my machines, especially if one cannot see what they are doing.
> No so much not trusting them, but not learning a thing along the way.
>
> When I voiced that concern to the Digium techs, they set up a thing
> called "screen" (I think it was) to allow me to see and or interact with
> their session.
>
> joe a.

All politics aside,

Your best bet if getting the audio issues fixed is your top priority is
to have two plans.  One should always have at least an A and a B plan in
anything.

A.  Call Sangoma and order a card
B.  Call Digium tech support

If Digium gets it working acceptably then cancel with Sangoma.  If they
do not, then you already have a fix on the way.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro