[asterisk-users] Detecting tones

Robert Prince robert at robertprince.net
Mon Aug 27 14:42:08 CDT 2007

Hello folks,

I'm interested in detecting tones on specific frequencies with
specific timing; for example, I'd like Asterisk to dial out and when
the channel starts/call connects, listen for a 1200Hz tone that plays
for 100ms.

Is this doable with Asterisk using something already extant?  After
looking through documentation, mailing lists, and some of the source I
had the idea that I might be better off using EAGI for this, and
coding the actual listener in C.  If EAGI were the right way to go,
would I be able to respond/send tones back (e.g., DTMF tones) on the
audio stream?  Or would it go to STDOUT from the EAGI app's
perspective?

Thanks and cheers,

Robert Prince