[asterisk-users] [Fwd: [MailServer Notification]Content Filtering Notification]

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Aug 25 14:53:14 CDT 2007

This email has violated the PROFANITY.
and Quarantine entire message has been taken on 25/08/2007 21.00.49.
Message details:
Server:MAIL1RELAY
Sender: stotaro at totarotechnologies.com;
Recipient:asterisk-users at lists.digium.com;
Subject:Re: [asterisk-users] which OS would be fine for asterisk

WTH?!?  I see no profanity.

Trevor Peirce wrote:

> > http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-January/177404.html
> >
> > There was another thread once upon a time where it was also indicated
> > that there would not be any problems. Possibly the one Steve Totaro
> > mentioned in another reply.
> >
> > The motivation behind this was to resolve echo issues using the newer
> > echo can. When I finally was able to get some HPEC licenses it was
> > easier to just keep using what had proved stable (which was zaptel 1.4
> > with asterisk 1.2). Unfortunately the system started crashing often. I
> > tested this on different hardware at the same facility and it crashed
> > less often, but it still crashed.
> >
> > Now if it's a miracle that asterisk 1.2 and zaptel 1.4 could ever play
> > nice together, that could explain it. But if there is nothing wrong with
> > it, then I'd say this is a bug, hence why I asked if anyone else was
> > using it in a similar manner.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Trevor

Just to make sure you saw this reply quoted from Tzafrir, seems to
really know his stuff:
/
If you want to be able to build asterisk 1.2 with zaptel 1.4 you'll
need: ln -s ../zaptel/zaptel.h /usr/include/linux/zaptel.h ln -s
zaptel/tonezone.h /usr/include/tonezone.h Note: I'm not sure exactly
what happens if you run a 'make install' of zaptel 1.2 on top of that
later. I guess you should remove those two symlinks manually before you
do that.
/
Thanks,
Steve Totaro/