[asterisk-users] Avaya IPOffice and a SIP trunk to Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Aug 25 14:47:08 CDT 2007

Azfhasterisk wrote:

> Has anyone successfully setup the Avaya IPOffice 500 with a sip trunk
> to Asterisk. If so can someone give some config examples?
>

> Thanks
>

> Rick

Haven't done it but I have suggestions.

Plug in values that seem to make sense on both sides.  Turn on SIP
debugging on Asterisk, try rebooting the phones and making calls and see
what kind of output you get.

That debug info has made past integrations go so much faster for me than
trying to find someone to hand me the answer.

Anyways, once you do the above, if you still cannot figure it out, post
the SIP debug stuff to the list.  Many more people will be able to make
sense of it and help that have never touched an Avaya IPOffice system.

Thanks,
Steve