[asterisk-users] Possibleto use zaptel 1.4 with asterisk 1.2?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 13 10:50:12 MST 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 10:30:32AM -0600, John French wrote:
> Is it possible to use zaptel 1.4 with asterisk 1.2?  I'd like to try to
> resolve some echo issues but have some applications which aren't yet
> compatible with asterisk 1.4

The kernel-uer interface should be fully backward compatible. Thus I see
no issue for using zaptel 1.4 with Asterisk 1.2 .

You should also be able to use fxotune.c from zaptel 1.4 with zaptel
1.2, from what I understand: I don't think it uses any newer interface.
But I haven't checked this. So basically replace fxotune.c and run:
make fxotune

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org