[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 + Zaptel 1.4 + HPEC = Crash?

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sat Aug 25 11:20:56 CDT 2007

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> Trevor Peirce wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anyone tried the combination of asterisk 1.2.24, zaptel 1.4.5 and
>> HPEC 9.00.003?
>>

> First of all... Why are you using zaptel 1.4.5 with asterisk 1.2?  That
> is a red flag in itself.
>

>> In particular, with a hardware configuration similar to:
>>
>> Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
>> Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
>> Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
>> Module 3: Not installed
>> Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (3 modules)
>>
>> I have two fully independent systems (both production, so I can't do
>> further testing unfortunately) that crash anywhere between an hour and a
>> day after booting under a minimal load.  If HPEC is disabled, the
>> problem is gone (but really bad echo).  If I use zaptel 1.2.20.1, the
>> problem is gone.
>>
>> The result is a kernel panic followed by an automatic reboot.  Nothing
>> is written to log files so I cannot provide any debug information.  As
>> mentioned this has happened on multiple production machines and I do not
>> have any other "wctdm" cards to test with.
>>
>> I would be curious to hear if anyone else noticed the same problem or if
>> they have it working.  What are the common denominators?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Trevor

Matt Florell seems to think it should be OK./

"It's really just a matter of recompiling Asterisk. Libpri-1.4 and
zaptel-1.4 seem to work fine with Asterisk 1.2 as well so in a pinchyou
may not have to recompile those. Most 1.2 dialplans will work just fine
with 1.4, so as long as you delete the modules between builds: rm -f
//usr/lib/asterisk/modules//*
/

/You should be fine."
/