[asterisk-users] Polycom behind NAT won't register to * server behind ALG

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 21 21:17:17 CDT 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Matthew Warren wrote:

> We have several networks, being an ISP, and have found that when
> transversing one network say 192.168.2.x with the * box on a 192.168.1.x
> the polycoms were able to communicate however sustained a lot of one way
> audio problems.  Moving thim onto the same network is the only thing we
> have been able to reliable do.

   Forgive what may be a naively misplaced line of questioning, but what
precisely does this have to do with NAT as such?  Unless you mean to
imply otherwise, it would seem to me you are referring to 192.168.1.0/24
and 192.168.2.0/24 being intermediated by way of a router -- but not
necessarily NAT'd?

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems