[asterisk-users] Polycom behind NAT won't register to * server behind ALG

Henry L.Coleman asterisk at voip-pbx.ca
Tue Aug 21 22:25:22 CDT 2007

I think what Alex was trying to say was that Polycom IP Phones are an
example of immature product development. While they look very nice and
have a nice display the product doesn't compete very well compared to
other manufacturers.
The two most obvious flaws are that they cannot be NAT'ed so they cannot
be used as Off Premise eXtensions phones and the other being that they
take so long to configure and re-boot. I have a golden rule with any phone
that I plan on installing for a customer....If I can't get it working
within 20 minutes then don't use it. I'm afraid Polycom breaks my golden
rule.
With such a lot of competition in this market they should have sorted this
out two years ago.

--
Henry L. Coleman.

< Alex Balashov>