[asterisk-users] Polycom behind NAT won't register to * server behind ALG

Matthew Warren mwarren at ru-intouch.com
Tue Aug 21 21:03:30 CDT 2007

Polycom's were simply not originally built for multi location VoIP.  There
is no NAT support in the Polycom's. We have several networks, being an ISP,
and have found that when transversing one network say 192.168.2.x with the *
box on a 192.168.1.x the polycoms were able to communicate however sustained
a lot of one way audio problems.  Moving thim onto the same network is the
only thing we have been able to reliable do.  According to Polycom Support
this is what they are intended for and no definitive answer as to whether
they would support Stun or another method in the future.  At least as of 6
months ago.

Matt