[asterisk-users] Passing Variables to Voicemail's Email Notification

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 21:02:46 CDT 2007

After rethinking.
I'm not sure if this works, but please report back after testing.
The idea would be that the CIDNAME should not be in the subject just
the ticket number, and the ticket number should not be in the email
body just the CIDNAME.
Please try the following and report back.

exten => _X.,1,Set(BLANKS=               );actual 15 spaces, since
CIDName on PSTN should never be longer, and should realy be padded
with blank spaces.
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name)}${BLANKS:${LEN(${CALLERID(name)})}})
;the above just pads the CIDNAME with blanks so you know for sure it's
at least 15 char long, yes I know if the len of cidname is longer than
blanks then blah.....
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name):0:15}=TicketNum:1234)
;this makes sure that it is not longer than 15 plus the ticketnumber.
exten => _X.,n,Voicemail(blah)
In voicemail.conf
emailsubject=${VM_CIDNAME:15}
If this should work then the subject should be: TicketNum:1234
emailbody=New voicemail from ${VM_CIDNAME:0:15} balh.

Again, I'm not sure this will work, please test and report back.

Thank you